By reading this article you are already aware that review collection is important, but if you still need convincing as to why your business must collect reviews online, our top 5 reasons are:
- Reviews are great for local searches
- Reviews boost SEO (search engine optimisation) - Surveys don’t!
- Positive reviews improve the chances of your business sellings its products and services over your competitors
- Customers trust user provided reviews displayed on impartial, third party sites such as Google and Facebook
- Collecting multiple online reviews will mitigate the effect of negative reviews
80% of people trust online reviews as much as they do personal recommendations!*
I’ve established I need to be collecting reviews on Google, but how do I do it?
As a business owner or a marketing professional acting on behalf of a local business, you probably have a million and one things to do and review collection is likely to be the top of the ‘I’ll do that tomorrow’ list.
Although often a challenge to get started, once review collection becomes a process embedded in your inbound marketing strategy, it will just happen and the rewards will follow.
Logically the most sensible place to add review collection is to add it as part of the invoice / payment process, because this is job you won’t forget to do. Other places to advertise the business’ desire to collect reviews from its customers should include your website, social media posts and email marketing campaigns.
63% of consumers are likely to make a purchase from a site which has user reviews.*
When adding review collection as a function, please be aware your success in collecting reviews will be dependent on timing.
Timing is key!
In terms of when to ask, you don’t want to ask too early after they’ve purchased, as they may not have experienced the product or service to its full potential. On the other hand, you don’t want to leave it too long, and risk their initial impression being forgotten.
Top tip: Don’t bombard your customers with feedback emails!
How do I implement review collection?
Follow the steps below to get started on answering the question of 'how do I collect reviews on my google business page'
- Find your business on Google.
- Click on the ‘Write a review’ button on your Google business listing, normally on the right hand side of the search results page.
- A review box will pop up, copy the URL.
- Make it more user friendly by shortening the URL, go to https://goo.gl/ and type in your copied link.
- Share this with customers, that may be via email or on social media.
How can CW Marketing assist in your review collection?
As a full service Marketing Agency in Wimborne, Dorset, we understand that some small businesses may not have the time to set up these processes, but as simple as they are, they could make a massive impact on your online performance.
Having effective templates in place, whether that be automatic via a mailing platform such as Hubspot or Mailchimp or more simple such as a standard email, we can help.
Call us on 01202 888200 or email email@example.com to speak to one of the team.